Real exchange rates and structural breaks: evidence for the Spanish peseta
AbstractThis paper analyses the fulfilment of the long-run PPP hypothesis between the Spanish Peseta and the currencies of the most important trade partners of the Spanish Economy. We show that the bilateral real exchange rate of the Spanish Peseta can be characterized as being stationary around a mean which exhibits some changes in its evolution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 6 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordoñez Monfort & Maria Amparo Camarero Olivas, 2006.
"Nonlinear trend stationary of real exchange rates: The case of the Mediterranean countries,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2006-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mariam Camarero & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordonez, 2008. "Nonlinear trend stationarity of real exchange rates: the case of the Mediterranean countries," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 30-46.
- Tomas del Barrio & Josep Ll Carrion & Enrique Lopez-Bazo, 2003.
"Evidence on the Purchasing Power Parity in Panel of Cities,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p273, European Regional Science Association.
- Josep LluIs Carrion-I-Silvestre & Tomas Del Barrio & Enrique Lopez-Bazo, 2004. "Evidence on the purchasing power parity in a panel of cities," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 961-966.
- Marcela Sabaté Sort & María Dolores Gadea & José María Serrano, 2005. "The Spanish peseta versus the pound sterling, the French franc and the US dollar (1870--1935). A long floating experience," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 95-99, March.
- Sabate, Marcela & Gadea, Maria Dolores & Serrano, Jose Maria, 2003. "PPP and structural breaks. The peseta-sterling rate, 50 years of a floating regime," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 613-627, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.