Elasticity of demand for Rugby League attendance and the impact of BskyB
AbstractThis note adds to the literature on price elasticity of demand for attendance at sports league fixtures using a cross-section study of English Rugby League for 1994/95. A price elasticity of demand of -0.57 we found. Impacts on attendance of live televising of matches by BSkyB are identified and uncertainty of outcome effects is shown.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 6 (1999)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3604 is not listed on IDEAS
- D Forrest & R Simmons, 2005. "New issues in attendance demand: the case of the English football league," Working Papers 563356, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3602 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mongeon, Kevin & Winfree, Jason, 2012. "Comparison of television and gate demand in the National Basketball Association," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 72-79.
- Babatunde Buraimo, 2008. "Stadium attendance and television audience demand in English league football," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 513-523.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3995 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3710 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.