Spending and revenues in Greece: new evidence from error correction modelling
AbstractThis paper attempts to re-evaluate the long-run relationship between government spending and revenues in Greece. The analysis is carried out for the period 1974 to 1991 by means of Johansen's multivariate cointegration technique and error correction vector autoregressive (ECVAR) modelling. The results provide evidence of a feedback effect between the examined series.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 4 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2006. "Government revenue and government expenditure nexus: evidence from developing countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 285-291.
- Athanasios Athanasenas & Constantinos Katrakilidis & Emmanouil Trachanas, 2014. "Government spending and revenues in the Greek economy: evidence from nonlinear cointegration," Empirica, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 365-376, May.
- Trachanas, Emmanouil & Katrakilidis, Constantinos, 2013. "Fiscal deficits under financial pressure and insolvency: Evidence for Italy, Greece and Spain," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 730-749.
- Garcia, Sophie & Henin, Pierre-Yves, 1999.
"Balancing budget through tax increases or expenditure cuts: is it neutral?,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 591-612, December.
- Hénin, Pierre-Yves & Garcia, Sophie, 1996. "Balancing budget through tax increases or expenditures cuts : is it neutral ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9604, CEPREMAP.
- Yashobanta, Yashobanta Parida & smruti, Smruti Ranjan Behera, 2012. "Causal Link between Central Government Revenue and Expenditure: Evidence for India," MPRA Paper 43072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.