Competition between employed and unemployed job searchers: is there a difference between the UK and The Netherlands?
AbstractIn this paper We investigate whether there is a difference between competition between unemployed and employed job searchers in flexible and rigid labour markets. Comparing the results for the more or less flexible labour market in the UK with the rigid labour market in The Netherlands, we find remarkably similar results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 4 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Broersma, Lourens & Van Ours, Jan C., 1999. "Job searchers, job matches and the elasticity of matching," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 77-93, March.
- Aki Kangasharju & Jaakko Pehkonen & Sari Pekkala, 2003. "Matching in thin labour markets: panel data evidence from Finland, 1991-2002," ERSA conference papers ersa03p208, European Regional Science Association.
- Yang Liu, 2011. "Labor market matching with heterogeneous job seekers in China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 1980-1992.
- Broersma, L. & Ours, J.C. van, 1998. "Job Searchers, Job Matches and the Elasticity of Matching," Discussion Paper 1998-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sanna-Mari Hynninen, 2005. "Labour market status of job seekers in regional matching processes," ERSA conference papers ersa05p499, European Regional Science Association.
- Simonetta Longhi, 2012.
"Job Competition and the Wage Curve,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 611-620, August.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2013. "Primum vivere… Industrial Change, Job Destruction and the Geographical Distribution of Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 7126, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pastore, Francesco & Tyrowicz, Joanna, 2012. "Labour Turnover and the Spatial Distribution of Unemployment: A Panel Data Analysis Using Employment Registry Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ese:iserwp:2009-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Pastore & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2013. "Polish high unemployment and spatial labor turnover. Insights from panel data analysis using unemployment registry data," Working Papers 2013-18, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Sanna-Mari Ahtonen, 2004. "Matching across space: evidence from Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa04p205, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.