Financial deepening and economic growth in developing economics
AbstractGranger-causality tests on data for 22 Asian, Latin American and Caribbean developing economies suggest that financial deepening does not make much difference to economic growth: for eight countries no lead-lag relationship was detected and in six more economic growth led financial deepening.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2007.
"Trade Liberalisation, Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
2007:19, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation, Financial Development and Economic Growth," Trade Working Papers 22204, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- George E. Halkos & Marianna K. Trigoni, 2010. "Financial development and economic growth: evidence from the European Union," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(11), pages 949-957, November.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Reforms, and Development: Empirical Evidence," ICER Working Papers 38-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- George E. HALKOS & Marianna K. TRIGONI, 2010. "231 Financial And Real Sector Interactions: The Case Of Greece," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(3(13)/Fal), pages 231-246.
- OZTURK, Ilhan, 2008. "Financial Development And Economic Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 85-98.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph, 2001. "Financial development and economic growth: The case of eight Asian countries," MPRA Paper 18297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsangyao Chang & Steven Caudill, 2005. "Financial development and economic growth: the case of Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1329-1335.
- Ilhan Ozturk, 2007. "Finance–Growth Nexus: Empirical Evidence from South Africa," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 3-17.
- Halkos, George, 2010. "Financial and real sector interactions:the case of Greece," MPRA Paper 24391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Reforms in Developing Countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.