Conceptualizing suicide in economic models
AbstractThis review illustrates how a variety of economic models can be applied to suicidal behaviour, including a cost-benefit analysis, a demand-supply model, a labour force participation analogy, signalling game theory, investment under uncertainty, and economic definitions of irrationality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ross, Justin M. & Yakovlev, Pavel A. & Carson, Fatima, 2012. "Does state spending on mental health lower suicide rates?," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 408-417.
- Jungeilges, Jochen & Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2002. "Economic welfare, civil liberty, and suicide: an empirical investigation," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 215-231.
- Sari, Nazmi & de Castro, Sahily & Newman, Frederick L. & Mills, Gerry, 2008. "Should we invest in suicide prevention programs," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 262-275, February.
- Altinanahtar, Alper & Halicioglu, Ferda, 2009. "A dynamic econometric model of suicides in Turkey," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 903-907, December.
- Ferdi Botha, 2012. "The Economics Of Suicide In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(4), pages 526-552, December.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Andres, Antonio Rodriguez, 2008. "The effect of public spending on suicide: Evidence from U.S. state data," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 237-261, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.