Testing long-run neutrality of money: evidence from the UK
AbstractThe paper presents empirical evidence on the long-run neutrality of monetary policy in the UK based on the methodology developed by Fisher and Seater. Money is found to be long-run neutral with respect to real GDP and real equity prices. However, in the short to medium term permanent positive shocks to money supply seem to be positively correlated with real GDP and negatively correlated with real equity prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 2 (1995)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Puah, Chin-Hong & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah & Lim, Kian-Ping, 2006.
"Testing long-run neutrality of money: evidence from Malaysian stock market,"
37676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chin-Hong Puah, & Muzafar Shah Habibullah & Kian-Ping Lim, 2006. "Testing Long-Run Neutrality Of Money: Evidence From Malaysian Stock Market," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 15-37, July.
- Chin-Hong Puah & Muzafar Shah Habibullah & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2010.
"Is money neutral in stock market? The case of Malaysia,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 1852-1861.
- Chin-Hong, Puah & Muzafar Shah, Habibullah & Venus Khim-Sen, Liew, 2009. "Is Money Neutral In Stock Market? The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 24017, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Puah, Chin-Hong & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah & Abu Mansor, Shazali, 2008. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Quantity Theoretic Proposition of Money in ASEAN-5," MPRA Paper 31768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.