The sustainability of trade accounts of the G-7 countries
AbstractThis article has examined the sustainability of the trade accounts of the G-7 countries by analysing the long-run equilibrium between exports and imports. We applied the techniques of the recently developed nonstationary panel data analysis and found that the trade accounts of the G-7 countries are very likely to be nonstationary variables. This implies that trade accounts are not sustainable for the G-7 countries. Therefore, some appropriate policies must be implemented to prevent trade imbalances from increasing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshihiro Hashiguchi & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2012.
"The sustainability of trade balances in sub-Saharan Africa: panel cointegration tests with cross-section dependence,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 161-165, February.
- HASHIGUCHI, Yoshihiro & HAMORI, Shigeyuki, 2010. "The sustainability of trade balances in Sub-Saharan Africa: panel cointegration tests with cross-section dependence," MPRA Paper 24054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fengbao Yin & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2011. "The Sustainability of Trade Balances in China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2090-2097.
- Tomas del Barrio Castro & Mariam Camarero & Cecilio Tamarit, 2013. "An analysis of the trade balance for OECD countries using periodic integration and cointegration," Working Papers 1320, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Mariam Camarero & Josep Lluís Carrion-i-Silvestre & Cecilio Tamarit, 2013.
"Global imbalances and the Intertemporal External Budget Constraint: A multicointegration approach,"
1303, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Camarero, Mariam & Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluís & Tamarit, Cecilio, 2013. "Global imbalances and the intertemporal external budget constraint: A multicointegration approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5357-5372.
- Tomas del Barrio Castro & Mariam Camarero & Cecilio Tamarit, 2013. "The trade balance in euro countries: a natural case study of periodic integration with a changing mean," Working Papers 1321, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.