Regional VARs and the channels of monetary policy
AbstractWe find that the magnitudes of the regional effects of monetary policy were considerably dampened during the Volcker-Greenspan era. For this era, regional differences in the depths and total costs of monetary-policy-induced recessions were related to the concentration of the banking sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1988.
"Credit, Money, and Aggregate Demand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 435-39, May.
- Michael L. Mussa & Paul A. Volcker & James Tobin, 1994. "Monetary Policy," NBER Chapters, in: American Economic Policy in the 1980s, pages 81-164 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert DeFina, 1997. "The differential regional effects of monetary policy: evidence from the U.S. States," Working Papers 97-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 2000.
"Monetary Policy Rules And Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence And Some Theory,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 115(1), pages 147-180, February.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," NBER Working Papers 6442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and some Theory," Working Papers 98-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 1908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary policy rules and macroeconomic stability: Evidence and some theory," Economics Working Papers 350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 1999.
- Kashyap, Anil K. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1995.
"The impact of monetary policy on bank balance sheets,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 151-195, June.
- Anil K Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Bank Balance Sheets," NBER Working Papers 4821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert Defina, 1998. "The Differential Regional Effects Of Monetary Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 572-587, November.
- Hoover, Kevin D. & Perez, Stephen J., 1994. "Post hoc ergo propter once more an evaluation of 'does monetary policy matter?' in the spirit of James Tobin," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 47-74, August.
- Kazi, Irfan Akbar & Wagan, Hakimzadi & Akbar, Farhan, 2013.
"The changing international transmission of U.S. monetary policy shocks: Is there evidence of contagion effect on OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 90-116.
- Irfan akbar Kazi & Hakimzadi Wagan & Farhan Akbar, 2011. "The changing international transmission of us monetary policy shocks: is there evidence of contagion effect on oecd countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages A49.
- Irfan Akbar Kazi & Hakimzadi Wagan & Farhan Akbar, 2012. "The changing international transmission of US monetary policy shocks: is there evidence of contagion effect on OECD countries," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-27, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Stefano Magrini & Margherita Gerolimetto & Hasan Engin Duran, 2011. "Understanding the lead/lag structure among regional business cycles," Working Papers 2011_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Gunji, Hiroshi & Miura, Kazuki & Yuan, Yuan, 2009. "Bank competition and monetary policy," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 105-115, January.
- Howard J. Wall, 2006.
"Regional business cycle phases in Japan,"
2006-053, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Neville Francis & Michael T. Owyang & Tatevik Sekhposyan, 2009.
"The local effects of monetary policy,"
2009-048, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Masagus M. Ridhwan & Henri L.F. de Groot & Piet Rietveld & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "The Regional Impact of Monetary Policy in Indonesia," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-081/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Beckworth, David, 2010. "One nation under the fed? The asymmetric effects of US monetary policy and its implications for the United States as an optimal currency area," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 732-746, September.
- Korobilis, Dimitris & Gilmartin, Michelle, 2010.
"The dynamic effects of U.S. monetary policy on state unemployment,"
27596, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimitris Korobilis & Michelle Gilmartin, 2011. "The Dynamic Effects of U.S. Monetary Policy on State Unemployment," Working Paper Series 12_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Ryan Brady, 2013. "The Spatial Diffusion of Regional Housing Prices across U.S. States," Departmental Working Papers 45, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.