Real interest rate parity in the ASEAN-5 countries: a nonlinear perspective
AbstractThis article aims at testing real interest parity (RIP) by using nonlinear unit root tests. The results from Kapetanios et al. (2003) demonstrated that the adjustment of ASEAN-5 real interest rates towards real interest rates in Japan and the US follows a nonlinear (stationary) process. Overall, the evidence is in favour of RIP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar Narayan, Paresh & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan, 2010. "Energy consumption at the state level: The unit root null hypothesis from Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1953-1962, June.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Zhuo Qiao & Wing-keung Wong, 2010.
"Linearity and stationarity of G7 government bond returns,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2642-2655.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Qiao, Zhuo & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2008. "Linearity and stationarity of G7 government bond returns," MPRA Paper 24836, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Sep 2010.
- Mark J. Holmes & Jesús Otero & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2011.
"Real Interest Parity: A Note on Asian Countries Using Panel Stationarity Tests,"
KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1117, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Holmes, Mark J. & Otero, Jesús & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2011. "Real interest parity: A note on Asian countries using panel stationarity tests," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 550-557.
- Mark J. Holmes & Theodore Panagiotidis & Jesus Otero, 2011. "Real Interest Parity: A note on Asian countries using panel stationarity tests," Discussion Paper Series 2011_06, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised May 2011.
- Mark J. Holmes & Jesús Otero & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2011. "Real Interest Parity: A Note on Asian Countries Using Panel Stationarity Tests," Working Paper Series 23_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Kisswani, Khalid/ M. & Nusair, Salah/ A., 2011. "Non-linear convergence in Asian interest rates and inflation rates," MPRA Paper 34179, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.