Specification tests for a parsimonious random-effects model
AbstractA random-effect model is devised with individual- and time-specific components for uncensored data, based on a specification for censored data developed by Anderson (1985) and extended by Kim and Maddala (1992). In addition, specification tests are devised that allow one to choose between the model and a conventional random-effects model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980.
"Some Non-Nested Hypothesis Tests and the Relations Among Them,"
409, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1982. "Some Non-Nested Hypothesis Tests and the Relations among Them," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 551-65, October.
- Pesaran, M H, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 153-71, April.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2014. "Stock volatility and pension funds under an individual capitalization-based system," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 536-541.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.