Agricultural productivity convergence across Europe and the United States of America
AbstractThis paper applies time series techniques to test for convergence in agricultural total factor productivity among the USA and a sample of nine European countries for the period 1973-1993. The data set used in this paper obtained from Ball et al. (2001). The wide spectrum of unit root test results obtained in the present study support the presence of convergence among the sample countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000.
"Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999. "Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data," Research Papers 1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Tom Doan, . "HADRI: RATS procedure to implement Hadri test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00084, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995.
"Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Suzanne McCoskey, 2002. "Convergence in Sub-Saharan Africa: a nonstationary panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 819-829.
- Harris, Richard D. F. & Tzavalis, Elias, 1999.
"Inference for unit roots in dynamic panels where the time dimension is fixed,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 201-226, August.
- Tom Doan, . "HTUNIT: RATS procedure to implement Harris-Tzavalis unit root test for panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Chihwa Kao, 2000. "Nonstationary Panels, Cointegration in Panels and Dynamic Panels: A Survey," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 16, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996.
"Productivity across Industries and Countries: Time Series Theory and Evidence,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 135-46, February.
- Bernard, A.B. & Jones, C.I., 1993. "Productivity Across Industries and Countries: Time Series Theory and Evidence," Working papers 93-17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Michael Happich & Kurt Geppert, 2003. "A note on regional convergence within the EU," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(8), pages 523-525.
- V. Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Jean-Pierre Butault & Richard Nehring, 2001. "Levels of Farm Sector Productivity: An International Comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 5-29, January.
- Andrés González-Moralejo, Silvia & Soldado Llorens, Mº José, 2012. "Contribución de las variables que estimulan la producción agraria en España (1990-2009)/Analyse of the Main Variables Which Better Contribute to the Agricultural Production in Spain (1990-2009)," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 367 (24 pag, Abril.
- Amin Mugera & Michael Langemeier & Allen Featherstone, 2012. "Labor productivity convergence in the Kansas farm sector: a three-stage procedure using data envelopment analysis and semiparametric regression analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 63-79, August.
- Ludena, Carlos E. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V. & Foster, Kenneth A. & Nin Pratt, Alejandro, 2006.
"Productivity Growth and Convergence in Crop, Ruminant and Non-Ruminant Production: Measurement and Forecasts,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25392, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ludena, Carlos & Hertel, Thomas & Preckel, Paul & Foster, Kenneth & Nin Pratt, Alejandro, 2006. "Productivity Growth and Convergence in Crop, Ruminant and Non-Ruminant Production: Measurement and Forecasts," GTAP Working Papers 2220, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Andersen, Matthew A. & Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G., 2009. "Capital Service Flows: Concepts and Comparisons of Alternative Measures in U.S. Agriculture," Staff Papers 50098, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Guido Fabiani, 2007. "Globalizzazione e Convergenza dei Sistemi Agro-Alimentari delle economie industriali," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0074, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Guido Fabiani, 2007. "Globalisation and convergence of the agro-food systems of the industrial economies," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 2, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.