Non-linear mean reversion of real exchange rates and purchasing power parity: some evidence from Turkey
AbstractEvidence was found of non-linear mean reversion in Turkey's real exchange rates. This suggests that a more complete examination of the empirical validity of PPP requires a joint examination of the non-linearity and non-stationarity of the real exchange rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce E. Hansen & Mehmet Caner, 1997.
"Threshold Autoregressions with a Unit Root,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
381, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Tzeng, Han-Wen, 2011. "Long-run purchasing power parity with asymmetric adjustment: Further evidence from nine transition countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1383-1391, May.
- Zhou, Su, 2008. "Stationarity of Asian-Pacific real exchange rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 16-22, January.
- David Silvera, . "The Antecedents and Consequences of Defensive Attributions inProduct-Harm Crises," Working Papers 0012, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Emekter, Riza & Jirasakuldech, Benjamas & Snaith, Sean M., 2009. "Nonlinear dynamics in foreign exchange excess returns: Tests of asymmetry," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 179-192, July.
- Yavuz, Nilgun Cil & Guris, Burak & Yilanci, Veli, 2007. "Searching threshold effects in the interest rate: An application to Turkey case," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(2), pages 621-627.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.