Role of mobility in evolution of disparities: European regions evidence
AbstractA decomposition of an inequality measure is proposed in order to compute the role of mobility in the evolution of disparities between European regions. Our results confirm that economic growth when integration process succeeds in the European Union have decreased inequality, narrowing gaps rather than moving low-income regions ahead of higher-income ones. Also, results have revealed the importance of studies about intradistributional movements when we pretend to analyse a regional growth process comparison, although it is not the more relevant factor in the evolution of inequality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1995. "Changing Ranks and the Inequality Impacts of Taxes and Transfers," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(1), pages 45-59, March Cit.
- Enrique Lopez Bazo & Esther Vaya Valcarce & Antonio Jose Mora & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1997. "Regional economic dynamics and convergence in the european union," Working Papers in Economics 12, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Carlos Gil & Pedro Pascual, 2005. "Regional welfare disparities: the case of the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1423-1437.
- Mauro Costantini & Claudio Lupi, 2006. "Divergence and long-run equilibria in Italian regional unemployment," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(14), pages 899-904.
- Muhammad Shahbaz, 2010. "Income inequality-economic growth and non-linearity: a case of Pakistan," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(8), pages 613-636, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.