The effect of price on counselling sessions attended by depression patients
AbstractWe estimate the price elasticity of counselling sessions attended by outpatient depression treatment recipients. Instrumental variable regression indicates a significant negative price elasticity ranging between -0.26 and -0.35 that is not apparent from ordinary least squares regression.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haas-Wilson, Deborah & Scheffler, Richard & Cheadle, A, 1989. "Demand for Mental Health Services: An Episode of Treatment Approach," MPRA Paper 19862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Economics and mental health," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 893-954 Elsevier.
- Richard M. Scheffler & Carolyn A. Watts, 1986. "Determinants of Inpatient Mental Health Use in a Heavily Insured Population," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 338-358.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1986. "Cost Sharing and Patterns of Mental Health Care Utilization," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 359-379.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.