The effect of price on counselling sessions attended by depression patients
AbstractWe estimate the price elasticity of counselling sessions attended by outpatient depression treatment recipients. Instrumental variable regression indicates a significant negative price elasticity ranging between -0.26 and -0.35 that is not apparent from ordinary least squares regression.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard M. Scheffler & Carolyn A. Watts, 1986. "Determinants of Inpatient Mental Health Use in a Heavily Insured Population," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 338-358.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
- Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Economics and mental health," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 893-954 Elsevier.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1986. "Cost Sharing and Patterns of Mental Health Care Utilization," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 359-379.
- Haas-Wilson, Deborah & Scheffler, Richard & Cheadle, A, 1989. "Demand for Mental Health Services: An Episode of Treatment Approach," MPRA Paper 19862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.