Quality agri-food districts, typical products, local governance
AbstractThe aim of this work is to identify the most appropriate type of local governance for the globalised agri-food scene. Through spatial analysis tools we analyse PDO/PGI products in two Italian regions, Veneto and Emilia-Romagna, which adopted very different strategies. The spatial analysis allows selection of the most appropriate indicators at municipality level for identification of homogeneous local systems, and lowers the complexity of the issues to be addressed in the definition of their geographic boundaries. The results of our analysis allow evaluation of the two approaches used by Emilia-Romagna and Veneto and highlight the strengths and weaknesses of two different models of agri-food districts.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011-12)
Issue (Month): 37-38 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
agri-food districts; typical products; local governance;
Other versions of this item:
- Montresor, Elisa & Pecci, Francesco & Pontarollo, Nicola, 2010. "Quality Agro-Food Districts, typical Products, local Governance," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 95204, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.