Interprofession and typical products: the case of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
AbstractIn the modern agri-food sector the need to manage quality and to improve market efficiency has generated new forms of governance along the food chain. For specialty products, interprofessional bodies are considered one of the most interesting institutions able to link the production phase to the commercialisation phase, according to the more general objective to generate a more efficient contract-based relationship between the companies operating in the various phases of the supply chain. In this framework, this work analyses the specific case of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese supply chain in relation to the role that an interprofessional body could play and the possibility that it could be established in order to support and increase the action of the protection consortium, or to take over some of its functions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011-12)
Issue (Month): 37-38 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
interprofession; hybrid forms of organisation; typical products;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P41 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P42 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Productive Enterprises; Factor and Product Markets; Prices
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arfini, Filippo & Mancini, Maria Cecilia, 2013. "Local institutions and territorial competitiveness in the case of Parmigiano Reggiano localised production system," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 151448, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.