La governance dei cluster di PMI in Francia: un confronto empirico tra technopôles e pôles de compétitivité
AbstractResearch on cluster performance has addressed the problem by studying the structural determinants. However, recent works on French clusters – composed of a large proportion of SMEs – suggest to focus attention on the role of cluster governance. The aim of this paper is to de?ne this role and to explore how governance can foster cooperative capabilities, especially for innovation. By combining literatures on local innovation systems and on governance, we identify the mode of governance that is best suited to create such a collaborative dynamic. The empirical comparison is conducted on two types of clusters located in the Rhône-Alpes region: a technopole (Technolac) and two poles of competitiveness (Arve-Industries and Imaginove). The mode of governance and the role of public institutions play a crucial function in supporting the collective dynamics linked to an interactive model of innovation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 36 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
cluster; governance; innovation; publib institutions; technopole; pole of competitiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.