Industrial districts in rural areas of Italy and Spain
AbstractThe industrial district is a model of production mainly related to medium and small cities characterised by industrial specialisations in small and medium enterprises. However, the mapping of the phenomenon in countries like Italy and Spain suggests that industrial districts are also present in rural areas. The objective of this contribution is the identi?cation, mapping and characterisation of industrial districts located in rural areas as well as the evaluation of the extent to which industrial districts in predominantly rural areas have contributed to the dynamism of these areas. The analysis allows to weight up the importance of industrial districts for the development of rural areas and to provide some recommendations regarding policy strategies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 35 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
industrial districts; local development; industrial policy; rural policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Rafael Boix & Yancy Vaillant, 2011. "Industrial districts in rural areas of Italy and Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa10p299, European Regional Science Association.
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hector Rocha, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and Development: The Role of Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 363-400, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.