Sistemi agroalimentari localizzati: dall'agroindustria all'agglomerazione produttiva
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to use the theoretical framework of productive agglomerations as a methodological tool to analyse the proposal of localised agri-food systems (SYAL: from systèmes agroalimentaires localisés) and derive the fundamental elements needed to promote an evolutionary process from a traditional and semi-industrial activity to a competitive agglomeration of rural agroindustry. To provide empirical evidence three case studies were analysed: the aloe of Falcón (Venezuela), the Cotija cheese (Mexican) and the panela (Colombia). The variables analysed were: geographical proximity, networking, technological innovation and institutional environment. The process of forming a SYAL requires activation of a resource geographically localised through the use of knowledge accumulated over time locally, and the identi?cation of a structuring argument to aggregate and give identity to the agents involved in the process. If such an argument does not exist, the possibility of building an institutional structure to support local entrepreneurial initiatives is limited. SYAL are a way of organising the production process and productive activities, a unit of analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 35 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.