Fare cinema a Torino: lavoro, radicamento e relazioni sociali
AbstractThe article proposes an analysis of the recent dynamics of the film industry in the city of Turin. The film sector is observed in the framework of the debate concerning forms of consumption in the post-Fordist society, with a particular attention to the notion of cultural economy. The research tries to assess the nature and characteristics of the mode of production and regulation of this industry and the related social networks. The work emphasizes the presence of several affinities between the mode of regulation of the film industry and that of industrial districts, revealing at the same time a relevant embedding in the urban milieu and a coevolutive relation between film production and locale environment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 13 (2008-09)
Issue (Month): 31 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
Turin; film industry; cultural industry; industrial district; district processes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.