Il capitale imprenditoriale nel settore delle tecnologie dell'informazione: un'analisi empirica per l'Italia
AbstractThis paper investigates which factors can explain the differences in the level of entrepreneuship capital in Information Technology (IT) sector in Italy. Using new data on firms released by Italian National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT), it entrepreneurship capital is measured as increase in the number of firms in it sector. The econometric model is based on local labour market areas (LLMAs) as units of observation, given that related literature suggests that entrepreneurship capital is strongly locally embedded, and LLMAs represent the spatial units relevant to the purpose. Regression results suggest that it entrepreneurship capital in Italy is driven both by demand (universities and multinational firms) and supply (unemploment rate) factors.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 12 (2006-07)
Issue (Month): 29-30 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
information technology; entrepreneurship capital; LLMA; Italy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.