Local production systems, entrepreneurship and regional development: theoretical arguments and empirical evidence from Argentina
AbstractThis paper is about the impact of different local production systems (LPS) on entrepreneurship and regional development. Although this topic is especially relevant for Latin American countries given their need for endogenous development, theoretical models and empirical testing comparing entrepreneurship and regional development within and not within different LPS such as industrial agglomerations and clusters are needed. This paper provides such a model and tests the hypotheses using a unique census of Argentinean LPS and establishments. Using OLS fixed-effect models, we find that both entrepreneurship and regional development are higher within different LPS than not within them.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 12 (2006-07)
Issue (Month): 29-30 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
local production systems; entrepreneurship; regional development; Argentina;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.