Turismo culturale, innovazione di prodotto e sviluppo: Il Cammino di Santiago
AbstractThis paper aims to explain the process of formation of the Way to Santiago as a product of cultural tourism, as a local development strategy and as a strategy for the integration of peripheral/rural regions in the European Union. All this from the recovery of the meaning of pilgrimages in the constitution of Europe as a unity of peoples and cultures. The results of locally-based development processes, both in rural (the section of the French Way in Galicia) and urban areas (the city of Santiago de Compostela) are elucidated. In both cases we conclude by confirming the hypothesis that cultural tourism should be seen as an additional factor for local development. Therefore it is necessary to insert cultural tourism in the policy of local development in order to achieve lasting effects.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rosenberg & Sellier Editori in Torino srl in its journal Sviluppo Locale.
Volume (Year): 12 (2006-07)
Issue (Month): 29-30 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rosenbergesellier.it/
local development; cultural tourism; territorial identity; Way to Santiago;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Recreation; Tourism
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adriano Boano).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.