Foreign Direct Investments, as a Factor for Economic Growth in Romania
AbstractThe most important aim of the article is to present the influence of foreign direct investments (FDI) on the economic growth in the Romania in period of 2000-2009. The article consists of two pieces. The first part deals with theoretical analysis of the FDI-led growth hypothesis. Moreover, in this part, there is made a brief overview of empirical researches involving this subject. In the next part of article, there is analyzed the importance of foreign direct investments for economic growth in Romania using the Vector Autoregression Model (VAR). There are estimated elasticity coefficients of gross domestic product (GDP) to changes in gross fixed capital formation, employment, exports of goods and services, and foreign direct investments in Romania on the basis of impulse response function. Then, there is made decomposition of the gross domestic product variance to assess the degree of GDP determination by changes in gross fixed capital formation, employment, exports of goods and services, and foreign direct investments in Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ASERS Publishing in its journal Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance.
Volume (Year): I (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.asers.eu/journals/jasf.html
economic growth; foreign direct investments; vector autoregressive model;
Other versions of this item:
- Piotr MISZTAL, 2010. "Foreign Direct Investments As A Factor For Economic Growth In Romania," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 5, pages 39-53, June.
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajmund Mirdala, 2011.
"Financial Integration And Economic Growth In The European Transition Economies,"
Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 116-137, December.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2011. "Financial Integration and Economic Growth in the European Transition Economies," MPRA Paper 36695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2011.
"Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in the European Transition Economies,"
33609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajmund MIRDALA, 2012. "Financial Deepening And Economic Growth In The European Transition Economies," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(6(18)/ Su), pages 177-194.
- Zaman Gheorghe & Vasile Valentina & Cristea Anca, 2012. "Sustainable Development Challenges And Fdi Impact In Host Countries," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 444-460, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.