Job Satisfaction in the Republic of Macedonia: The Role of Gender and Education
AbstractRecently there has been an increase on interest in the analysis of job satisfaction variables. The job satisfaction is correlated with certain types of employee behaviour such as: productivity, quits and absenteeism. In this paper four different measures of job satisfaction are related to two personal characteristics. The data used are from a survey conducted with 3.000 employees from different types of companies from the Republic of Macedonia. Four measures of job satisfaction that have been used are considered: satisfaction with amount of pay, satisfaction with possibilities for advancement, satisfaction with relations with supervisors and satisfaction with relations with co-workers. Also the connection of gender and level of education with job satisfaction are considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ASERS Publishing in its journal Journal of Advanced Research in Management.
Volume (Year): I (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.asers.eu/journals/jarm.html
job satisfaction; motivation; education; gender;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andy Stefanescu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.