Structural Change And Models Of Structural Analysis: Theories, Principles And Methods
AbstractStructural change indicates essentially a qualitative transformation and evolution of the economic systems, usually marked by technological progress and organizational changes. Technological factors, knowledge, institutions are all elements that contribute to the process of structural change. Schumpeter (1912, 1939) has certainly been one of the most influential economists who has analysed and explained the process of development and at the same time took into consideration the mechanisms of transformation of the production system. This contribution focuses on the models of structural analysis, particularly on the methods and principles that such models adopt; in this context, structural change becomes the underlying dominant theme of the present work. The investigation of the models of structural analysis and of theories of structural changes carried out in this contribution has a double meaning. On the one hand, it allows picking up several essential principles that characterize these models; on the other hand, it should allow us to examine some important methodological issues, such as different methods of decomposition of the productive systems, the problem of complexity and the strategies to reduce complexity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ASERS Publishing in its journal Journal of Advanced Research in Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): III (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.asers.eu/journals/jarle.html
Structural Change; Structural Analysis; Analytical Principles; Complexity; Methods of Decomposition;
Other versions of this item:
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "Structural change and models of structural analysis: theories, principles and methods," MPRA Paper 41817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schilirò Daniele, 2006. "Teorie circolari e teorie verticali della dinamica economica strutturale: verso uno schema di carattere generale," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 51-80.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2005.
"Economia della conoscenza,istituzioni e sviluppo economico
[Knowledge-based economy, institutions and economic development]," MPRA Paper 31492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Mutamenti strutturali: modelli, metodi e principi in una nuova prospettiva
[Structural changes: models, methods and principles towards a new perspective]," MPRA Paper 31566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albert E. Steenge & Mark J. P. M. Thissen, 2005. "A New Matrix Theorem: Interpretation in Terms of Internal Trade Structure and Implications for Dynamic Systems," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 71-94, 02.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2009. "Structural models and structural change: analytical principles and methodological issues," MPRA Paper 24480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2001. "Sraffa and von Neumann," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 161-180.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2007. "Theories and models of structural dynamics: an ‘ideal’ general framework ?," MPRA Paper 38256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1991. "The economy as a circular flow," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 181-212, June.
- Hicks, J. R., 1987. "Capital and Time: A Neo-Austrian Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198772866.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1971. "Theoretical Assumptions and Nonobserved Facts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 1-7, March.
- Bortis, Heinrich, 1996. "Structural economic dynamics and technical progress in a pure labour economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 135-146, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Madalina Constantinescu) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Madalina Constantinescu to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.