Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers: Evidence from the Spanish experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 138 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Sjoholm, Fredrik, 1999.
"Technology transfer and spillovers: Does local participation with multinationals matter?1,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 915-923, April.
- Blomström, Magnus & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1998. "Technology, Transfer and Spillovers: Does Local Participation With Multinationals Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1998. "Technology Transfer and Spillovers: Does Local Participation with Multinationals Matter?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 268, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Fredrik Sjoholm, 1998. "Technology Transfer and Spillovers? Does Local Participation with Multinationals Matter?," NBER Working Papers 6816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martín, Carmela & Velazquez, Francisco J, 1997. "The Determining Factors of Foreign Direct Investment in Spain and the rest of the OECD: Lessons for CEECs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1637, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Caballero, Ricardo J. & Lyons, Richard K., 1990.
"Internal versus external economies in European industry,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 805-826, June.
- Caballero, R.J. & Lyons, R.K., 1989. "Internal Versus External Economies In European Industry," Discussion Papers 1989_10, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Jose Antonio Alonso, 1999. "Growth and the external constraint: lessons from the Spanish case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 245-253.
- Henrik Braconier & Fredrik Sjöholm, 1998.
"National and international spillovers from R&D: Comparing a neoclassical and an endogenous growth approach,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 638-663, December.
- Braconier, Henrik & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "National and International Spillovers from R&D: Comparing a Neoclassical and an Endogenous Growth Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 211, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Harrigan, James, 1999.
"Estimation of cross-country differences in industry production functions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 267-293, April.
- James Harrigan, 1998. "Estimation of cross-country differences in industry production functions," Staff Reports 36, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Steven Globerman, 1979. "Foreign Direct Investment and `Spillover' Efficiency Benefits in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(1), pages 42-56, February.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1998. "Avenues of Technology Transfer: Foreign Investment and Productivity Change in the Czech Republic," CEPR Discussion Papers 1883, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Pär & Lundberg, Lars, 1996.
"Technology, Resource Endowments and International Competitiveness,"
Working Paper Series
138, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Par & Lundberg, Lars, 1999. "Technology, resource endowments and international competitiveness," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1501-1530, August.
- Brian Aitken & Gordon H. Hanson & Ann E. Harrison, 1994.
"Spillovers, Foreign Investment, and Export Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
4967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, Brian & Hanson, Gordon H. & Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Spillovers, foreign investment, and export behavior," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 103-132, August.
- Aitken, B. & Hanson, G.H. & Harrison, A.E., 1994. "Spillovers, Foreign Investment and Export Behavior," Papers 95-06, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996.
"Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 1996. "Increasing Returns and Externalities in UK Manufacturing: Myth or Reality?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 99-113, March.
- Driffield, Nigel, 2001. "The Impact of Domestic Productivity of Inward Investment in the UK," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(1), pages 103-19, January.
- Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel, 1999. "Domestic institutions, agglomerations and foreign direct investment in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 925-934, April.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Nigel Driffield, 2001. "Inward Investment and Host Country Market Structure: The Case of the U.K," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 363-378, June.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Persson, Hakan, 1983. "Foreign investment and spillover efficiency in an underdeveloped economy: Evidence from the Mexican manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 493-501, June.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.