Intellectual property rights and licensing: An econometric investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 137 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "The Multinational Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 805-33, November.
- Ignatius Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1987. "Licensing versus Direct Investment: A Model of Internalization by the Multinational Enterprise," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 464-81, August.
- Lai, Edwin L. -C., 1998. "International intellectual property rights protection and the rate of product innovation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 133-153, February.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Rugman, Alan M, 1986. "New Theories of the Multinational Enterprise: An Assessment of Internalization Theory," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 101-18, May.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 387-410, March.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Caves, Richard E & Crookell, Harold & Killing, J Peter, 1983. "The Imperfect Market for Technology Licenses," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 45(3), pages 249-67, August.
- Guifang Yang & Maskus, Keith E., 2003. "Intellectual property rights, licensing, and innovation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2973, The World Bank.
- Michael Ferrantino, 1993. "The effect of intellectual property rights on international trade and investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 300-331, June.
- Dunning, John H., 1983. "Market power of the firm and international transfer of technology : A historical excursion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 333-351, December.
- Yang, Guifang & Maskus, Keith E., 2001. "Intellectual property rights, licensing, and innovation in an endogenous product-cycle model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 169-187, February.
- Keith Maskus, 1998. "The international regulation of intellectual property," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Taylor, M Scott, 1994. "TRIPs, Trade, and Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 361-81, May.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2010.
"Intellectual Property Protection and the Licensing of Technology to Developing Countries,"
188, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2010. "Intellectual Property Protection and the Licensing of Technology to Developing Countries," Working Papers id:2830, eSocialSciences.
- Mathew, Anuj Joshua & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2014.
"Intellectual property rights, southern innovation and foreign direct investment,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 128-137.
- Anuj J. Mathew & Arijit Mukherjee, 2009. "Intellectual property rights, southern innovation and foreign direct investment," Faculty Working Papers 15/09, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00193398 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edwin L Lai, 2004. "The Economics of Intellectual Property Protection in the Global Economy," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000481, David K. Levine.
- Lee Branstetter & Raymond Fisman & C. Fritz Foley, 2005. "Do Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Increase International Technology Transfer? Empirical Evidence from U.S. Firm-Level Data," NBER Working Papers 11516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- TAKECHI Kazutaka, 2012. "Negative Effects of Intellectual Property Protection: The unusual suspects?," Discussion papers 12057, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Stanley Watt, 2007. "Firm Heterogeneity and Weak Intellectual Property Rights," IMF Working Papers 07/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Julius Spatz, 2003. "Intellectual Property Rights and Foreign Direct Investment: The Role of Industry and Host-Country Characteristics," Kiel Working Papers 1167, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2004.
"Transfer of technology to developing countries : unilateral and multilateral policy options,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3332, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2005. "Transfer of technology to developing countries: Unilateral and multilateral policy options," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1587-1602, October.
- Belton M. Fleisher & Mi Zhou, 2010. "Are Patent Laws Harmful to Developing Countries? Evidence from China," Working Papers 09-07, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Koichi Futagami & Tatsuro Iwaisako & Hitoshi Tanaka, 2007. "Innovation, Licensing, and Imitation: The Effects of Intellectual Property Rights Protection and Industrial Policy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-05, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Kuo, Nai-Fong, 2008. "Trade-related influences, foreign intellectual property rights and outbound international patenting," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 446-459, April.
- Sumner J La Croix & Denise Eby Konan, 2006. "Have Developing Countries Gained From the Marriage Between Trade Agreements and Intellectual Property Rights?," Working Papers 200605, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- McCalman, Phillip, 2005. "International diffusion and intellectual property rights: An empirical analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 353-372, December.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Julius Spatz, 2004.
"Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment: A disaggregated analysis,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 393-414, September.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Spatz, Julius, 2004. "Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment : a disaggregated analysis," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3395, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lejour, Arjan & Rojas Romasgosa, Hugo & Rodriguez, Victor & Montalvo, Carvos & Van der Zee, Frans, 2009. "Trade costs, Openness and Productivity: Market Access at Home and Abroad," MPRA Paper 21214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Rodriguez Andres, 2004. "The Relationship Between Software Protection And Piracy: Evidence From Europe," Law and Economics 0402001, EconWPA.
- Papageorgiadis, Nikolaos & Cross, Adam R. & Alexiou, Constantinos, 2013. "The impact of the institution of patent protection and enforcement on entry mode strategy: A panel data investigation of U.S. firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 278-292.
- Etienne Pfister & Bruno Deffains & Myriam Doriat-Duban & StÃ©phane Saussier, 2006. "Institutions and contracts: Franchising," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 53-78, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.