The composition of the human capital stock and its relation to international trade: Evidence from the US and Britain
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 130 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hindenburgufer 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maskus, Keith E., 1985. "A test of the Heckscher-Ohlin-Vanek theorem: The Leontief commonplace," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 201-212, November.
- Staiger, Robert W., 1986. "Measurement of the factor content of foreign trade with traded intermediate goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 361-368, November.
- Baldwin, Robert E, 1971. "Determinants of the Commodity Structure of U.S. Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 126-46, March.
- Webster, Allan, 1993. "The Skill and Higher Educational Content of UK Net Exports," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(2), pages 141-59, May.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1982. "The factor content of international trade without factor-price equalization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 277-283, May.
- Sveikauskas, Leo A, 1983. "Science and Technology in United States Foreign Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 542-54, September.
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987.
"Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 791-809, December.
- Harry P. Bowen & Edward E. Leamer & Leo Sveikauskas, 1986. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," NBER Working Papers 1918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenhalgh, Christine, 1990. "Innovation and Trade Performance in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 105-18, Supplemen.
- Nicholas Oulton, . "Workforce skills and export competitiveness: an Anglo-German comparison," NIESR Discussion Papers 47, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- David S, Jr Clifton & William B. Marxsen, 1984. "An Empirical Investigation of the Heckscher-Ohlin Theorem," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 32-38, February.
- Courakis, Anthony S, 1991. "Labour Skills and Human Capital in the Explanation of Trade Patterns," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 443-62, July.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1984. "Testing trade theories and predicting trade flows," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 467-517 Elsevier.
- Stern, Robert M. & Maskus, Keith E., 1981. "Determinants of the structure of U.S. foreign trade, 1958-1976," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 207-224, May.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "The Factor Content of Foreign Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 84-94, March.
- Elio Londero, 2001. "Primary-input intensities under alternative measures of rent content," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 429-450.
- Cörvers,F. & Reininga,T., 1998. "The Dutch Factor Content of Human and Physical Capital: A Test of the HOV Model," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Keith E. Maskus & Allan Webster, 1995. "Factor Specialization in U.S. and U.K. Trade: Simple Departures from the Factor-content Theory," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(III), pages 419-439, September.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser & William R. Kerr, 2007.
"What Causes Industry Agglomeration? Evidence from Coagglomeration Patterns,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
07-064, Harvard Business School.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser & William R. Kerr, 2010. "What Causes Industry Agglomeration? Evidence from Coagglomeration Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 1195-1213, June.
- William Kerr & Edward Glaeser & Glenn Ellison, 2007. "What Causes Industry Agglomeration? Evidence from Coagglomeration Patterns," Working Papers 07-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser & William Kerr, 2007. "What Causes Industry Agglomeration? Evidence from Coagglomeration Patterns," NBER Working Papers 13068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Widell, Lars, 2005. "On Measurements of the Factor Content of Trade: - The Case of Sweden," Working Papers 2005:7, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas, 2002. "Financial Markets, Industrial Specialization and Comparative Advantage - Evidence from OECD Countries," Research Papers in Economics 2002:6, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Vlachos, Jonas & Svaleryd, Helena, 2001. "Financial Markets, the Pattern of Specialization and Comparative Advantage. Evidence from OECD countries," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 449, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 03 Sep 2001.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.