Corrupt Organizational Hierarchies in the Former Soviet Bloc
AbstractIncreasing scale and scope of corruption in the former Soviet Bloc, as well as numerous other countries, urges better understanding of the problem within the context of socio-economic transformations as it touches upon issues of organizational structures. This paper presents an overview of the research on corruption in organizations and develops models of corrupt organizations, including the vertical structure, the horizontal structure, and the hierarchy, as applied to transition economies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transition Studies Review.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112913
Other versions of this item:
- Osipian, Ararat, 2007. "Corrupt Organizational Hierarchies in the Former Soviet Bloc," MPRA Paper 7591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- P37 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Legal
- P3 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2007.
"Public sector pay and corruption: Measuring bribery from micro data,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 963-991, June.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Sabirianova, Klara, 2006. "Public Sector Pay and Corruption: Measuring Bribery from Micro Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 5585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2006. "Public Sector Pay and Corruption: Measuring Bribery from Micro Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hartog,Joop & Maassen van den Brink,Henriëtte (ed.), 2009. "Human Capital," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521117562, April.
- Georgy Petrov & Paul Temple, 2004. "Corruption in Higher Education: Some Findings from the States of the Former Soviet Union," Higher Education Management and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 83-99.
- Inna Cabelkova & Jan Hanousek, 2004. "The power of negative thinking: corruption, perception and willingness to bribe in Ukraine," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 383-397.
- Osipian, Ararat, 2008. "Economic Growth—Human Capital Nexus in Post-Soviet Ukraine, 1989-2009," MPRA Paper 7731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898010, April.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521725200, April.
- Osipian, Ararat, 2009. "Education Corruption, Reform, and Growth: Case of Post-Soviet Russia," MPRA Paper 17447, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Osipian, Ararat L., 2012. "Economics of corruption in doctoral education: The dissertations market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 76-83.
- Belousova, Veronika & Rajeev, K. Goel & Korhonen, Iikka, 2011.
"Causes of Corruption in Russia: A Disaggregated Analysis,"
Discussion Paper Series
557, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Belousova, Veronika & Goel, Rajeev K. & Korhonen, Iikka, 2011. "Causes of Corruption in Russia: A Disaggregated Analysis," BOFIT Discussion Papers 31/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Valerie Rosenblatt, 2012. "Hierarchies, Power Inequalities, and Organizational Corruption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 237-251, December.
- Osipian, Ararat, 2007.
"Коррупция В Высшем Образовании: Сша, Россия, Великобритания
[Corruption in Higher Education: US, Russia, UK]," MPRA Paper 20215, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jan 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.