International Migration and Human Development in Destination Countries: A Cross-National Analysis of Less-Developed Countries, 1970–2005
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Indicators Research.
Volume (Year): 96 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances & Ramirez, Alejandro, 2000.
"Economic Growth and Human Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Brockerhoff, Martin, 1995. "Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1371-1383, May.
- Subbarao, K & Raney, Laura, 1995. "Social Gains from Female Education: A Cross-National Study," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 105-28, October.
- Ronald Lee, 2003. "The Demographic Transition: Three Centuries of Fundamental Change," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 167-190, Fall.
- Davies, Antony & Quinlivan, Gary, 2006. "A panel data analysis of the impact of trade on human development," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 868-876, October.
- David J. McKenzie, 2008. "A Profile of the World's Young Developing Country International Migrants," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 34(1), pages 115-135.
- Michael Hagerty & Robert Cummins & Abbott Ferriss & Kenneth Land & Alex Michalos & Mark Peterson & Andrew Sharpe & Joseph Sirgy & Joachim Vogel, 2001. "Quality of Life Indexes for National Policy: Review and Agenda for Research," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 1-96, July.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- Kelley, Allen C. & Schmidt, Robert M., 1995. "Aggregate Population and Economic Growth Correlations: The Role of the Components of Demographic Change," Working Papers 95-37, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- R. Frey & Ali Al-Roumi, 1999. "Political Democracy and the Physical Quality of Life: The Cross-National Evidence," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 73-97, May.
- William Gould, 1995. "Jackknife estimation," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(24).
- John Shandra & Jenna Nobles & Bruce London & John Williamson, 2005. "Multinational Corporations, Democracy and Child Mortality: A Quantitative, Cross-National Analysis of Developing Countries," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 267-293, 09.
- Shandra, John M. & Nobles, Jenna & London, Bruce & Williamson, J.B.John B., 2004. "Dependency, democracy, and infant mortality: a quantitative, cross-national analysis of less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 321-333, July.
- Stark, Oded, 2003.
"Rethinking The Brain Drain,"
18770, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- R. Frey & Carolyn Field, 2000. "The determinants of Infant Mortality in the Less Developed Countries: A Cross-National Test of Five Theories," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 215-234, December.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2013. "Worker remittances and the global preconditions of ‘smart development’," Society and Economy, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 35(1), pages 25-50, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.