An Empirical Analysis of Social Capital and Economic Growth in Europe (1980–2000)
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Indicators Research.
Volume (Year): 92 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2001.
"Growth is good for the poor,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2587, The World Bank.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Barro, Robert J, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-43, May.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1991. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sriya Iyer & Michael Kitson & Bernard Toh, 2005. "Social capital, economic growth and regional development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 1015-1040.
- Sean Durkin, . "Measuring Social Capital and Its Economic Impact," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 2000-04, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & van Schaik, Ton, 2005. "Social capital and growth in European regions: an empirical test," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 301-324, June.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 2007.
"Education and Social Capital,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, Winter.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gërxhani, 2005.
"Formation of social capital in Central and Eastern Europe: Understanding the gap vis-à-vis developed countries,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp766, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Gërxhani, Klarita, 2005. "Formation of Social Capital in Central and Eastern Europe: Understanding the Gap Vis-a-Vis Developed Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Ton Van Schaik, 2003.
"Social capital and regional economic growth,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p518, European Regional Science Association.
- Temple, Jonathan, 1998. "Initial Conditions, Social Capital and Growth in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(3), pages 309-47, October.
- Portela, Marta & Neira, Isabel, 2002. "Capital Social: Concepto y Estudio Econometrico sobre el Capital Social en España," Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(2).
- Nonneman, Walter & Vanhoudt, Patrick, 1996. "A Further Augmentation of the Solow Model and the Empirics of Economic Growth for OECD Countries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 111(3), pages 943-53, August.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 1995. "Economic Growth and Social Capital in Italy," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 295-307, Summer.
- Kitty Stewart, 2005. "Dimensions Of Well-Being In Eu Regions: Do GDP And Unemployment Tell us All We Need To Know?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 221-246, 09.
- Stefano Bartolini & Luigi Bonatti, 2006. "How Can the Decline in Social Capital be Reconciled with a Satisfactory Growth Performance?," Department of Economics University of Siena 477, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Pérez García Francisco & Serrano Martínez Lorenzo & Montesinos Santalucía Vicente & Fernández de Guevara Radoselovics Juan, 2006. "Measurement of Social Capital and Growth," Working Papers 201034, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- Regina Berger-Schmitt, 2002. "Considering Social Cohesion in Quality of Life Assessments: Concept and Measurement," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 403-428, June.
- John F. Helliwell, 1996. "Economic Growth and Social Capital in Asia," NBER Working Papers 5470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emilia VâˆšÂ°zquez & Sofia Gomes & Elvira Vieira, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in Spanish and Portuguese Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1537, European Regional Science Association.
- Hall, Stephen G & Ahmad, Mahyudin, 2013. "Can Trust Explain Social Capital Effect on Property Rights and Growth?," MPRA Paper 48440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ennio Bilancini & Simone D’Alessandro, 2011.
"Long-run Welfare under Externalities in Consumption, Leisure, and Production: A Case for Happy Degrowth vs. Unhappy Growth,"
Department of Economics
0667, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Bilancini, Ennio & D'Alessandro, Simone, 2012. "Long-run welfare under externalities in consumption, leisure, and production: A case for happy degrowth vs. unhappy growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 194-205.
- Ennio Bilancini & Simone D'Alessandro, 2011. "Long-run Welfare under Externalities in Consumption, Leisure, and Production: A Case for Happy Degrowth vs. Unhappy Growth," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 072, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- TITTENBRUN Jacek, 2013. "Social Capital. Trust and Ideology," European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, Bucharest Economic Academy, issue 01, March.
- Jacqueline Beuningen & Hans Schmeets, 2013. "Developing a Social Capital Index for the Netherlands," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 859-886, September.
- Marta Portela & Isabel Neira, 2011. "Social Capital and growth in the European Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1160, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.