The wealth of nations revisited: Income and quality of life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Indicators Research.
Volume (Year): 36 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Hansen & Britt Slagsvold & Torbjørn Moum, 2008. "Financial Satisfaction in Old Age: A Satisfaction Paradox or a Result of Accumulated Wealth?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 323-347, November.
- Richard Eckersley, 2000. "The Mixed Blessings of Material Progress: Diminishing Returns in the Pursuit of Happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, September.
- Ceema Namazie & Peter Sanfey, 1998.
"Happiness in Transition: The Case of Kyrgyzstan,"
Studies in Economics
9808, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ceema Zahra Namazie & Peter Sanfey, 1998. "Happiness in Transition: The Case of Kyrgyzstan," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 40, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ekaterina Selezneva, 2010.
"Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being : Income, work, family,"
279, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Selezneva, Ekaterina, 2011. "Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being: Income, work, family," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Schäpke, Niko & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2012. "Addressing sufficiency: Including altruistic motives in behavioural models for sustainability transitions," UFZ Discussion Papers 17/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Laura Camfield & Kaneta Choudhury & Joe Devine, 2009. "Well-being, Happiness and Why Relationships Matter: Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 71-91, March.
- Robert Biswas-Diener & Joar Vittersø & Ed Diener, 2010. "The Danish Effect: Beginning to Explain High Well-Being in Denmark," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 97(2), pages 229-246, June.
- Piet Ouweneel, 2002. "Social Security and Well-Being of the Unemployed in 42 Nations," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 167-192, June.
- Anders Barstad, 2008. "Explaining Changing Suicide Rates in Norway 1948–2004: The Role of Social Integration," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 47-64, May.
- Corazzini, Luca & Esposito, Lucio & Majorano, Francesca, 2012.
"Reign in hell or serve in heaven? A cross-country journey into the relative vs absolute perceptions of wellbeing,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 715-730.
- Luca Corazzini, Lucio Esposito, Francesca Majorano., 2010. "Reign in Hell or Serve in Heaven? A Cross-country Journey into the Relative vs Absolute Perceptions of Wellbeing," ISLA Working Papers 36, ISLA, Centre for research on Latin American Studies and Transition Economies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Stephanié Rossouw & Wim Naudé, 2008. "The Non-Economic Quality of Life on a Sub-National Level in South Africa," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 433-452, May.
- Ed Diener & Richard Lucas, 2000. "Explaining Differences in Societal Levels of Happiness: Relative Standards, Need Fulfillment, Culture, and Evaluation Theory," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 41-78, March.
- Richard Eckersley, 2009. "Population Measures of Subjective Wellbeing: How Useful are they?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 1-12, October.
- Thomas DeLeire & Ariel Kalil, 2010. "Does consumption buy happiness? Evidence from the United States," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 163-176, June.
- Valerie Møller, 2001. "Happiness Trends Under Democracy: Where Will the New South African," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 33-53, March.
- Hilke Brockmann & Jan Delhey & Christian Welzel & Hao Yuan, 2009. "The China Puzzle: Falling Happiness in a Rising Economy," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 387-405, August.
- Nuran Bayram & Firat Bilgel & Nazan Bilgel, 2012. "Social Exclusion and Quality of Life: An Empirical Study from Turkey," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Kenny, Charles, 2005. "Why Are We Worried About Income? Nearly Everything that Matters is Converging," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Graafland, J.J., 2008. "Market operation and distributive justice: An evaluation of the ACCRA confession," MPRA Paper 20276, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Huberman & Frank Lewis, 2007. "Bend it like Beckham: Hours and Wages across Forty-Eight Countries in 1900," Working Papers 1229, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Biswas-Diener & Ed Diener, 2006. "The Subjective Well-Being of the Homeless, and Lessons for Happiness," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 185-205, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.