A Review Essay on the Measurement of Child Well-Being
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Indicators Research.
Volume (Year): 106 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amélia Bastos & Carla Machado, 2009. "Child poverty: a multidimensional measurement," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 237-251, January.
- Amelia Bastos & Graca Leao Fernandes, & Jose Passos, 2004. "Child income poverty and child deprivation: an essay on measurement," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(11/12), pages 1050-1060, October.
- Alderman, Harold & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2001.
"School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan,"
Staff General Research Papers
1970, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Harold Alderman & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2001. "School Quality, School Cost, and the Public/Private School Choices of Low-Income Households in Pakistan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 304-326.
- Kenneth Land & Vicki Lamb & Sarah Meadows & Ashley Taylor, 2007. "Measuring trends in child well-being: an evidence-based approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 105-132, January.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Papadopoulos, Fotis, 2001. "Identifying Population Groups at High Risk of Social Exclusion: Evidence from the ECHP," IZA Discussion Papers 392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asher Ben-Arieh, 2005. "Where are the Children? Children’s Role in Measuring and Monitoring Their Well-Being," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 573-596, December.
- Jonathan Bradshaw & Petra Hoelscher & Dominic Richardson, 2007. "An Index of Child Well-being in the European Union," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 133-177, January.
- Gerry Redmond, 2008. "Children's Perspectives on Economic Adversity: A review of the literature," Innocenti Discussion Papers indipa08/2, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- *Unicef, 2007. "Child Poverty in Perspective: An overview of child well-being in rich countries," Innocenti Report Card inreca07/19, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Ben-Arieh, Asher & Goerge, Robert, 2001. "Beyond the numbers: How do we monitor the state of our children?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 603-631, August.
- Kristin Moore & Sharon Vandivere & Laura Lippman & Cameron McPhee & Margot Bloch, 2007. "An Index of the Condition of Children: The Ideal and a Less-than-Ideal U.S. Example," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 291-331, December.
- Fernandes, Liliana & Mendes, Américo & Teixeira, Aurora, 2013.
"Assessing child well-being through a new multidimensional child-based weighting scheme index: An empirical estimation for Portugal,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 155-174.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2012. "Assessing child well-being through a new multidimensional child-based weighting scheme index: an empirical estimation for Portugal," FEP Working Papers 452, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Liliana Fernandes & Américo Mendes & Aurora Teixeira, 2012. "Assessing child well-being through a new multidimensional child-based weighting scheme index: an empirical estimation for Portugal," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 02, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.