Policy convergence under approval and plurality voting: the role of policy commitment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-François Laslier, 2004.
"Strategic Approval Voting in a large electorate,"
- Matthias Messner & Mattias Polborn, 2003.
246, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, .
""An Economic Model of Representative Democracy'',"
CARESS Working Papres
95-02, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Roger B. Myerson & Robert J. Weber, 1988. "A Theory of Voting Equilibria," Discussion Papers 782, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Weber, S., 1989.
"On Hierarchical Spatial Competition,"
89-04, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Osborne, Martin J & Slivinski, Al, 1996.
"A Model of Political Competition with Citizen-Candidates,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 111(1), pages 65-96, February.
- Martin J. Osborne & Al Slivinksi, 1995. "A Model of Political Competition with Citizen-Candidates," Department of Economics Working Papers 1995-01, McMaster University.
- Dellis, Arnaud & Oak, Mandar P., 2006. "Approval voting with endogenous candidates," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Steven Callander, 2005. "Electoral Competition in Heterogeneous Districts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1116-1145, October.
- Weber, Shlomo, 1992. "On Hierarchical Spatial Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 407-25, April.
- Sandro Brusco & Jaideep Roy, 2008.
"Aggregate Uncertainty in the Citizen-Candidate Model Yields Extremist Parties,"
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
08-11, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sandro Brusco & Jaideep Roy, 2011. "Aggregate uncertainty in the citizen candidate model yields extremist parties," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 83-104, January.
- Sandro Brusco & Jaideep Roy, 2007. "Aggregate Uncertainty in the Citizen Candidate Model Yields Extremist Parties," Department of Economics Working Papers 07-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.