Link bidding in laboratory networks
AbstractThis paper presents the results of laboratory experiments that explore the network formation process. Performances of three institutions, each derived from theoretical models found in the literature, are compared. All three institutions are found to generate similar levels of efficiency. In hospitable environments, the institutions achieve 85% efficiency, but all three fail to generate any positive surplus when stress tested. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review Economic Design.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10058/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Elbittar & Rodrigo Harrison & Roberto Muñoz, 2007.
"Network Structure in a Link-formation Game: An Experimental Study,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000001708, David K. Levine.
- Alexander Elbittar & Rodrigo Harrison & Roberto Muñoz, 2007. "Network Structure in a Link-formation Game: An Experimental Study," Working papers DTE 405, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Alexander Elbittar & Rodrigo Harrison & Roberto Muñoz, 2008. "Network Structure in a Link-formation Game: An Experimental Study," Documentos de Trabajo 331, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Karl-Martin Ehrhart & Marion Ott & Bodo Vogt, 2007. "Evolution of networks—an experimental analysis," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 317-347, June.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza & Ramón Cobo-Reyes & Natalia Jiménez & Giovanni Ponti, 2005. "An experimental device to elicit social networks," ThE Papers 05/19, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Anna Contea & Daniela T. Di Cagno & Emanuela Sciubbad, 2011. "Behavioural patterns in social networks," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-060, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Huck, Steffen & Ruchala, Gabriele K. & Tyran, Jean-Robert, 2006.
"Competition Fosters Trust,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6009, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Kosfeld, . "Network Experiments," IEW - Working Papers 152, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Doğan, Gönül & van Assen, Marcel & Potters, Jan, 2013. "The effect of link costs on simple buyer–seller networks," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 229-246.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Rajgopal Kannan & Lydia Ray, .
"The Structure of Information Networks,"
Departmental Working Papers
2004-05, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Sarangi, Sudipta & Raj Kannan & Lydia Ray, 2003. "The Structure of Information Networks," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 182, Royal Economic Society.
- Sudipta Sarangi & R. Kannan & L. Ray, . "The Structure of Information Networks," Departmental Working Papers 2003-01, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2010.
"Behavioral Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation: Complexity Reduces Payoff Orientation and Social Preferences,"
FCN Working Papers
5/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Harmsen-van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2008. "Behavorial Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation," Research Memorandum 019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Di Cagno, Daniela & Sciubba, Emanuela, 2010. "Trust, trustworthiness and social networks: Playing a trust game when networks are formed in the lab," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 156-167, August.
- Tomohiro Hayashida & Ichiro Nishizaki & Rika Kambara, 2014. "Simulation Analysis for Network Formulation," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(3), pages 371-394, March.
- Gary Charness & Francesco Feri & Miguel A. Meléndez-Jiménez & Matthias Sutter, 2014. "Experimental games on networks: Underpinnings of behavior and equilibrium selection," Working Papers 2014-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Holt, Charles A. & Johnson, Cathleen & Mallow, Courtney & Sullivan, Sean P., 2010. "Tragedy of the common canal," MPRA Paper 20838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charness, Gary & Feri, Francesco & Meléndez-Jiménez, Miguel A. & Sutter, Matthias, 2014. "Experimental Games on Networks: Underpinnings of Behavior and Equilibrium Selection," IZA Discussion Papers 8104, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rong Rong & Daniel Houser, 2012. "Growing Stars: A Laboratory Analysis of Network Formation," Working Papers 1035, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science, revised Oct 2012.
- Cassar, Alessandra & Rigdon, Mary, 2011. "Trust and trustworthiness in networked exchange," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 282-303, March.
- Takács, Károly, 2010.
[Network experiments]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 958-979.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.