A simple procedure to obtain the extreme core allocations of an assignment market
AbstractGiven an assignment market, we introduce a set of vectors, one for each possible ordering on the player set, which we name the max-payoff vectors. Each one of these vectors is obtained recursively only making use of the assignment matrix. Those max-payoff vectors that are efficient turn up to give the extreme core allocations of the market. When the assignment market has large core (that is to say, the assignment matrix is dominant diagonal and doubly dominant diagonal) all the max-payoff vectors are extreme core allocations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 36 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Josep Mª Izquierdo & Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2006. "A Simple Procedure to Obtain the Extreme Core Allocations of an Assignment Market," Working Papers 275, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Solymosi, T. & Tijs, S.H. & Pere Villar, J., 2002.
"Assignment games satisfy the CoMa property,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91410, Tilburg University.
- T. E. S. Raghavan & Tamás Solymosi, 2001. "Assignment games with stable core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 177-185.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-79, June.
- Nunez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2003. "Characterization of the extreme core allocations of the assignment game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 311-331, August.
- Martínez-de-Albéniz, F. Javier & Núñez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2011.
"Assignment markets with the same core,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 553-563.
- Núñez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2009. "A glove-market partitioned matrix related to the assignment game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 598-610, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.