Sharing the cost of a network: core and core allocations
AbstractThis paper discusses the core of the game corresponding to the standard fixed tree problem. We consider the weighted adaptation of the constrained egalitarian solution of Dutta and Ray (1989). The core of the standard fixed tree game equals the set of all weighted constrained egalitarian solutions. Each weighted constrained egalitarian solution is determined (in polynomial time) as a home-down allocation, which creates further insight in the local behaviour of the weighted constrained egalitarian solution. The constrained egalitarian solution is characterized in terms of a cost sharing mechanism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Koster, M.A.L. & Molina, E. & Sprumont, Y. & Tijs, S.H., 2001. "Sharing the cost of a network: Core and core allocations," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91407, Tilburg University.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tijs, S.H. & Brânzei, R., 2004. "Cases in Cooperation and Cutting the Cake," Discussion Paper 2004-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Koster, M.A.L., 1999. "Weighted Constrained Egalitarianism in TU-Games," Discussion Paper 1999-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bjorndal, E. & Koster, M.A.L. & Tijs, S.H., 1999.
"Weighted Allocation Rules for Standard Fixed Tree Games,"
1999-79, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Endre Bjørndal & Maurice Koster & Stef Tijs, 2004. "Weighted allocation rules for standard fixed tree games," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 249-270, 06.
- Bjorndal, E. & Koster, M.A.L. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "Weighted allocation rules for standard fixed tree games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142601, Tilburg University.
- Judit Markus & Anna Radvanyi & Miklos Pinter, 2012.
"The Shapley Value for Airport and Irrigation Games,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1207, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Márkus, Judit & Pintér, Miklós & Radványi, Anna, 2011. "The Shapley value for airport and irrigation games," MPRA Paper 30031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moulin, Herve & Laigret, Francois, 2011. "Equal-need sharing of a network under connectivity constraints," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 314-320, May.
- Bergantiños, G. & Gómez-Rúa, M. & Llorca, N. & Pulido, M. & Sánchez-Soriano, J., 2014. "A new rule for source connection problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 780-788.
- Miquel, S. & Velzen, S. van & Hamers, H.J.M. & Norde, H.W., 2003. "Fixed Tree Games with Repeated Players," Discussion Paper 2003-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Koster, Maurice, 2002. "Hierarchical constrained egalitarianism in TU-games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 251-265, March.
- Debing Ni & Yuntong Wang, 2013. "Additive cost sharing on a tree," Working Papers 1307, University of Windsor, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.