AbstractCooperative games in characteristic function form (TU games) are considered. We allow for variable populations or carriers. Weighted nucleoli are defined via weighted excesses for coalitions. A solution satisfies the Null Player Out (NPO) property, if elimination of a null player does not affect the payoffs of the other players. For any single-valued and efficient solution, the NPO property implies the null player property. We show that a weighted nucleolus has the null player property if and only if the weights of multi-player coalitions are weakly decreasing with respect to coalition inclusion. Weighted nucleoli possessing the NPO-property can be characterized by means of a multiplicative formula for the weights of the multi-player coalitions and a restrictive condition on the weights of one-player coalitions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 28 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Note: Received: March 1997/Final version: November 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Calleja & Carles Rafels & Stef Tijs, 2010. "Aggregate monotonic stable single-valued solutions for cooperative games," Working Papers in Economics 237, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Kleppe, John & Reijnierse, Hans & Sudhölter, Peter, 2013.
"Axiomatizations of symmetrically weighted solutions,"
Discussion Papers of Business and Economics
3/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Kleppe, J. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Sudhölter, P., 2013. "Axiomatizations Of Symmetrically Weighted Solutions," Discussion Paper 2013-007, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lohmann E. & Borm P. & Herings P.J.J., 2011.
"Minimal exact balancedness,"
009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Lohmann, E.R.M.A. & Borm, P.E.M. & Herings, P.J.J., 2011. "Minimal Exact Balancedness," Discussion Paper 2011-012, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lohmann E. & Borm P. & Herings P.J.J., 2011. "Minimal exact balancedness," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Pedro Calleja & Carles Rafels & Stef Tijs, 2012. "Aggregate monotonic stable single-valued solutions for cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 899-913, November.
- Hokari, Toru, 2005. "Consistency implies equal treatment in TU-games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 63-82, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.