Innovation regimes, entry and market structure
AbstractThis paper contains a description of an evolutionary model of industrial dynamics and a report on the simulation study of the model. The presentation of the model is partitioned into two sections. In the first section I focus on the economic features of industrial development with no technological change imbedded, while an extended version of this model with the search for innovation process included is presented in the next section. In the next two sections, results of the simulation study on technological regimes and firm entry are presented. Technological regimes relate to different types of innovation captured by the model, so I consider the cost regime, the technical performance regime and the capital productivity regime. In Sect. III I investigate the influence of the different types of innovation on the development of the industry, particularly on industry concentration and on the products' price distribution, and in the fourth section an evolution of industry structure with the possibility of firm entry is investigated.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Evolutionary Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kwasnicki, Witold & Kwasnicka, Halina, 1992. "Market, innovation, competition: An evolutionary model of industrial dynamics," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 343-368, December.
- Winter, Sidney G., 1984. "Schumpeterian competition in alternative technological regimes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 287-320.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.