Towards a Dynamic Theory of Transactions
AbstractStandard transaction cost economics (TCE) considers transactions from the perspective of static efficiency. Increasingly, attention is required to dynamic efficiency; to capabilities to exploit transaction relations for innovation. Since innovation is dependent on knowledge and learning, the step from the statics to the dynamics of exchange requires an understanding of the development and acquisition of knowledge, preferences, and meaning, and the role in that of interaction between transaction partners. As a step towards this, the article provides an exploration of theories of knowledge and knowledge development, the relation to language, the role of intersubjective relations, the connection with evolutionary theory and the implications for transaction cost theory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Evolutionary Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanheverbeke, W.P.M. & Duysters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord van den, A,J,, 2005.
"Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity,"
Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series
05.05, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Nooteboom, Bart & Van Haverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert & Gilsing, Victor & van den Oord, Ad, 2007. "Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1016-1034, September.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Duijsters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord, A., 2006. "Optimal Cognitive Distance and Absorptive Capacity," Discussion Paper 2006-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wuyts, S.H.K. & Colombo, M. & Dutta, S. & Nooteboom, B., 2005.
"Empirical Tests of Optimal Cognitive Distance,"
2005-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wuyts, S.H.K. & Colombo, M.G. & Dutta, S. & Nooteboom, B., 2004. "Empirical Tests Of Optimal Cognitive Distance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-007-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Gilsing, Victor & Nooteboom, Bart & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert & van den Oord, Ad, 2008.
"Network embeddedness and the exploration of novel technologies: Technological distance, betweenness centrality and density,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1717-1731, December.
- Victor Gilsing & Bart Noteboom & Wim Vanhaverbeke & Geert Duysters & Ad van Noord, 2006. "Network embeddedness and the exploration of novel technologies: technological distance, betweenness centrality and density," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 06-08, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS), revised Apr 2006.
- Nooteboom, B. & Gilsing, V.A. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Duijsters, G.M. & Oord, A., 2006. "Network Embeddedness and the Exploration of Novel Technologies: Technological Distance, Betweenness Centrality and Density," Discussion Paper 2006-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilsing, V.A. & Nooteboom, B. & Haverbeke, W.P.M. van & Duijsters, G.M. & Oord, A., 2008. "Network embeddedness and the exploration of novel technologies: Technological distance, betweenness centrality and density," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3159316, Tilburg University.
- Witt, Ulrich, 1998. "Imagination and leadership - The neglected dimension of an evolutionary theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 161-177, April.
- Jiang, Marshall S. & Chu, Rongwei & Pan, Yigang, 2011. "Anticipated duration of international joint ventures: A transaction cost perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 175-183, June.
- Kamp, Linda M. & Smits, Ruud E. H. M. & Andriesse, Cornelis D., 2004. "Notions on learning applied to wind turbine development in the Netherlands and Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(14), pages 1625-1637, September.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila, 2006. "In search of complementary assets: The determinants of alliance formation of high-tech start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1166-1199, October.
- Costa e Silva, Susana & Bradley, Frank & Sousa, Carlos M.P., 2012. "Empirical test of the trust–performance link in an international alliances context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-306.
- Brian J. Loasby, 2001. "Industrial Dynamics Why Connections Matter," DRUID Working Papers 01-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1999. "Innovation and inter-firm linkages: new implications for policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 793-805, November.
- Bangens, Lennart & Araujo, Luis, 2002. "The structures and processes of learning. A case study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 571-581, July.
- Kiss, Bernadett & Neij, Lena, 2011. "The importance of learning when supporting emergent technologies for energy efficiency - A case study on policy intervention for learning for the development of energy efficient windows in Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6514-6524, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.