On the determinants of optimal border enforcement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 34 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark G. Guzman & Joseph H. Haslag & Pia M. Orrenius, 2004.
"Accounting for fluctuations in social network usage and migration dynamics,"
0402, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Joseph H. Haslag & Mark G. Guzman & Pia M. Orrenius, 2004. "Accounting for Fluctuations in Social Network Usage and Migration Dynamics," Working Papers 0410, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Giovanni Peri & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2006.
"Rethinking the Effects of Immigration on Wages,"
634, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P. & Peri, Giovanni, 2007. "Rethinking the effects of immigration on wages," HWWI Research Papers 3-8, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Giovanni Peri, 2006. "Rethinking the Effects of Immigration on Wages," NBER Working Papers 12497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bond, Eric W. & Chen, Tain-Jy, 1987. "The welfare effects of illegal immigration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 315-328, November.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1997.
"Unemployment, Migration, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 582-608, June.
- Jim Dolmas & Gregory W. Huffman, 2004.
"On The Political Economy Of Immigration And Income Redistribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1129-1168, November.
- Jim Dolmas & Gregory W. Huffman, 1998. "On the political economy of immigration and income redistribution," Working Papers 9804, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Gordon H. Hanson, 1999.
"Illegal Immigration, Border Enforcement, and Relative Wages: Evidence from Apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico Border,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1337-1357, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson & Antonio Spilimbergo, 1996. "Illegal Immigration, Border Enforcement, and Relative Wages: Evidence from Apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico Border," Research Department Publications 4036, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gordon H. Hanson & Antonio Spilimbergo, 1996. "Illegal Immigration, Border Enforcement, and Relative Wages: Evidence from Apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico Border," NBER Working Papers 5592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven N. Durlauf & H. Peyton Young (ed.), 2004. "Social Dynamics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262541769, January.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
- James R. Markusen & Stephen Zahniser, 1997. "Liberalization and Incentives for Labor Migration: Theory with Applications to NAFTA," NBER Working Papers 6232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "Illegal Immigration: The Host-Country Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 56-71, March.
- Reza Oladi, 2004. "Strategic quotas on foreign investment and migration," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 289-306, August.
- Bryan Ellickson & William Zame, 2005. "A competitive model of economic geography," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 89-103, 01.
- Peter Hammond & Jaume Sempere, 2009. "Migration with local public goods and the gains from changing places," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 359-377, December.
- Gil Epstein & Avi Weiss, 2011.
"The why, when, and how of immigration amnesties,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 285-316, January.
- Tamura, Yuji, 2007.
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
791, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Yuji Tamura, 2007. "Migrant Smuggling," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp207, IIIS.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Heizler (Cohen), Odelia, 2007.
"Illegal Migration, Enforcement and Minimum Wage,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2830, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jesús Fernández-Huertas Moraga, 2008.
"A General Model of Bilateral Migration Agreements,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
755.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.