Non-implementation of rational expectations as a perfect Bayesian equilibrium
AbstractWe point out several conceptual difficulties of the rational expectations equilibrium concept. In particular we show that such an equilibrium need not be incentive compatible and need not be implementable as a perfect Bayesian equilibrium . A comparison of rational expectations equilibria with the private core is also provided. We conclude that the private core is a more appropriate concept to capture the idea of contracts under asymmetric information. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 26 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Correia-da-Silva, João & Hervés-Beloso, Carlos, 2008.
"Subjective expectations equilibrium in economies with uncertain delivery,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 641-650, July.
- Joao Correia-da-Silva & Carlos Hervés-Beloso, 2005. "Subjective Expectations Equilibrium in Economies with Uncertain Delivery," FEP Working Papers 190, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Marialaura Pesce & Peter Cramton & Nicholas C. Yannelis, 2010.
"A new perspective to rational expectations: maximin rational expectations equilibrium,"
1528, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Luciano De Castro & Marialaura Pesce & Nicholas C. Yannelis, 2011. "A new perspective to rational expectations: maximin rational expectations equilibrium," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1107, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Dionysius Glycopantis & Allan Muir & Nicholas Yannelis, 2009. "On non-revealing rational expectations equilibrium," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 351-369, February.
- Luciano I. de Castro & Marialaura Pesce & Nicholas C. Yannelis, 2013. "A New Perspective on Rational Expectations," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1316, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Erik Balder & Nicholas Yannelis, 2009. "Bayesian–Walrasian equilibria: beyond the rational expectations equilibrium," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 385-397, February.
- Shorish, Jamsheed, 2006.
"Functional Rational Expectations Equilibria in Market Games,"
186, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Jamsheed Shorish, 2010. "Functional rational expectations equilibria in market games," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 351-376, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.