A bargaining approach to the Owen value and the Nash solution with coalition structure
AbstractThe mechanism by Hart and Mas-Colell (1996) for non-transferable utility (NTU) games is generalized so that a coalition structure among players is taken into account. The new mechanism yields the Owen value for transferable utility (TU) games with coalition structure as well as the consistent value (Maschler and Owen 1989, 1992) for NTU games with trivial coalition structure. Furthermore, we obtain a solution for pure bargaining problems with coalition structure which generalizes the Nash (1950) bargaining solution. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 25 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Vidal-Puga, 2004. "Negotiating the membership," Game Theory and Information 0409003, EconWPA.
- Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005.
"The Harsanyi paradox and the 'right to talk' in bargaining among coalitions,"
Game Theory and Information
- Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2012. "The Harsanyi paradox and the “right to talk” in bargaining among coalitions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 214-224.
- Zhang, Xiaodong, 2009. "A note on the group bargaining solution," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 155-160, March.
- Yuan Ju & David Wettstein, 2006.
"Implementing Cooperative Solution Concepts: a Generalized Bidding Approach,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2006/06, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Yuan Ju & David Wettstein, 2009. "Implementing cooperative solution concepts: a generalized bidding approach," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 307-330, May.
- Ju, Y. & Wettstein, D., 2006. "Implementing Cooperative Solution Concepts: A Generalized Bidding Approach," Discussion Paper 2006-42, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Balbina Casas- Méndez & Gloria Fiestras- Janeiro & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005. "A Focal-Point Solution for Bargaining Problems with Coalition Structure," Game Theory and Information 0511006, EconWPA.
- Bergantinos, G. & Casas-Mendez, B. & Fiestras-Janeiro, M.G. & Vidal-Puga, J.J., 2007. "A solution for bargaining problems with coalition structure," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 35-58, July.
- Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa, 2011. "The effects of hospitals' governance on optimal contracts: Bargaining vs. contracting," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 408-424, March.
- Kamijo, Yoshio, 2008. "Implementation of weighted values in hierarchical and horizontal cooperation structures," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 336-349, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.