The discrete time version of the Romer model
AbstractThis paper presents a discrete time version of the Romer 1986 model of endogenous growth. The purpose of this work is to propose detailed and simple proofs of existence of optimal solutions and of a competitive equilibrium. The framework implemented here reduces the complexity of the proofs given by Romer (1983) in his Ph.D dissertation in a continuous time framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Note: Received: March 7, 2000; revised version: April 25, 2001
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L. & Dimaria, C.-H., 2000. "The Discrete Time Version of the Romer Model," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 2000.63, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00118829 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leonard J. Mirman & Kevin Reffett & John Stachurski, 2004.
"Some Stability Results for Markovian Economic Semigroups,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
902, The University of Melbourne.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Kevin Reffett & John Stachurski, 2005. "Some stability results for Markovian economic semigroups," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72.
- Crettez, Bertrand & Morhaim, Lisa, 2012. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a non-optimal one-sector economy without conditions on the distorted marginal product of capital," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 197-206.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Le Van, Cuong, 2006. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in the Lucas (1988) model without physical capital," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 46-55, February.
- Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, H. Cagri, 2004.
"Quality Of Knowledge Technology, Returns To Production Technology, And Economic Development,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 147-161, April.
- LE VAN, Cuong & SAGLAM, H. Cagri, . "Quality of knowledge technology, returns to production technology, and economic development," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1747, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cuong LE VAN & H. Cagri SAGLAM, 2001. "Quality of Knowledge Technology, Returns to Production Technology and Economic Development," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2002004, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00101237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marius Valentin Boldea, 2006. "On the equilibrium in a discrete-time Lucas Model with endogenous leisure," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b06054, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Marrero, Gustavo A., 2008.
"Revisiting The Optimal Stationary Public Investment Policy In Endogenous Growth Economies,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 172-194, April.
- Gustavo A. Marrero, 2005. "Revisiting the optimal stationary public investment policy in endogenous growth economies," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0509, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.