The discrete time version of the Romer model
AbstractThis paper presents a discrete time version of the Romer 1986 model of endogenous growth. The purpose of this work is to propose detailed and simple proofs of existence of optimal solutions and of a competitive equilibrium. The framework implemented here reduces the complexity of the proofs given by Romer (1983) in his Ph.D dissertation in a continuous time framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Note: Received: March 7, 2000; revised version: April 25, 2001
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L. & Dimaria, C.-H., 2000. "The Discrete Time Version of the Romer Model," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 2000.63, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Kevin Reffett & John Stachurski, 2005.
"Some stability results for Markovian economic semigroups,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Kevin Reffett & John Stachurski, 2004. "Some Stability Results for Markovian Economic Semigroups," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 902, The University of Melbourne.
- Cuong LE VAN & H. Cagri SAGLAM, 2001.
"Quality of Knowledge Technology, Returns to Production Technology and Economic Development,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2002004, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, H. Cagri, 2004. "Quality Of Knowledge Technology, Returns To Production Technology, And Economic Development," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 147-161, April.
- Marrero, Gustavo A., 2008.
"Revisiting The Optimal Stationary Public Investment Policy In Endogenous Growth Economies,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 172-194, April.
- Gustavo A. Marrero, 2005. "Revisiting the optimal stationary public investment policy in endogenous growth economies," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0509, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Crettez, Bertrand & Morhaim, Lisa, 2012. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a non-optimal one-sector economy without conditions on the distorted marginal product of capital," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 197-206.
- Marius Valentin Boldea, 2006. "On the equilibrium in a discrete-time Lucas Model with endogenous leisure," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b06054, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Le Van, Cuong, 2006.
"Existence of a Competitive Equilibrium in the Lucas (1988) Model without Physical Capital,"
Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole
http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Le Van, Cuong, 2006. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in the Lucas (1988) model without physical capital," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 46-55, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.