Are the Russians as Unhappy as they say they are?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Happiness Studies.
Volume (Year): 2 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdallah, Saamah & Thompson, Sam & Marks, Nic, 2008. "Estimating worldwide life satisfaction," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 35-47, March.
- Graham, Carol & Eggers, Andrew & Sukhtankar, Sandip, 2004. "Does happiness pay?: An exploration based on panel data from Russia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 319-342, November.
- Wolfgang Glatzer, 2000. "Happiness: Classic Theory in the Light of Current Research," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 501-511, December.
- Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia, 2010. "Perceptions of economic insecurity: Evidence from Russia," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 357-385, December.
- Richard A. Easterlin & Anke C. Zimmermann, 2008.
"Life Satisfaction and Economic Conditions in East and West Germany Pre- and Post-Unification,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
95, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Easterlin, Richard A. & Plagnol, Anke C., 2008. "Life satisfaction and economic conditions in East and West Germany pre- and post-unification," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 433-444, December.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2010. "Greater Happiness for a Greater Number," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 11(5), pages 605-629, October.
- Peiro, Amado, 2006. "Happiness, satisfaction and socio-economic conditions: Some international evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 348-365, April.
- David Dorn & Justina Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgässner & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2007. "Is It Culture or Democracy? The Impact of Democracy and Culture on Happiness," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 82(3), pages 505-526, July.
- Olga Popova, 2010. "Can Religion Insure against Aggregate Shocks to Happiness? The Case of Transition Countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp425, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Pamela Abbott & Claire Wallace & Roger Sapsford, 2011. "Surviving the Transformation: Social Quality in Central Asia and the Caucuses," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 199-223, April.
- Malcolm Dowling & Yap Chin-Fang, 2006. "Homeostasis and Well Being," Development Economics Working Papers 22077, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Devrim Dumludag, 2014. "Satisfaction and comparison income in transition and developed economies," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 127-152, June.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 2009. "Lost in transition: Life satisfaction on the road to capitalism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 130-145, August.
- DAVID DORN & Justina Fischer & GEBHARD KIRCHGÄSSNER & ALFONSO SOUSA-POZA, 2005. "Is It Culture or Democracy? The Impact of Democracy, Income, and Culture on Happiness," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-12, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- BARTOLINI Stefano & MIKUCKA Malgorzata & SARRACINO Francesco, 2012. "Money, Trust and Happiness in Transition Countries: Evidence from Time Series," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2012-04, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2010. "Life is Getting Better: Societal Evolution and Fit with Human Nature," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 105-122, May.
- Amado Peiró, 2002. "Happiness, Satisfaction And Socioeconomic Conditions: Some International Evidence," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lena Malesevic Perovic, 2010. "Life Satisfaction in Croatia," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 12(1), pages 45-81, April.
- Ahmed Abdel-Khalek, 2004. "Research Note: Happiness among Kuwaiti College Students," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 93-97, March.
- Richard Easterlin, 2002. "Is Reported Happiness Five Years Ago Comparable to Present Happiness? A Cautionary Note," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 193-198, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.