Which Ethics Will Make us Individually and Socially Happier? A Cross-Culture and Cross-Development Analytical Model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Happiness Studies.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konow, James & Earley, Joseph, 2008.
"The Hedonistic Paradox: Is homo economicus happier,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 1-33, February.
- Konow, James & Earley, Joseph, 2007. "The Hedonistic Paradox: Is Homo Economicus Happier?," MPRA Paper 2728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruta, Danny & Camfield, Laura & Donaldson, Cam, 2007. "Sen and the art of quality of life maintenance: Towards a general theory of quality of life and its causation," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 397-423, June.
- Daniel Haybron, 2000. "Two Philosophical Problems in the Study of Happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 207-225, June.
- Lelkes, Orsolya, 2006.
"Tasting freedom: Happiness, religion and economic transition,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 173-194, February.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2002. "Tasting Freedom: Happiness, religion and economic transition," CASE Papers case59, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Crittenden, Victoria L. & Hanna, Richard C. & Peterson, Robert A., 2009. "The cheating culture: A global societal phenomenon," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 337-346, July.
- Binswanger, Mathias, 2006. "Why does income growth fail to make us happier?: Searching for the treadmills behind the paradox of happiness," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 366-381, April.
- Robert Barro & Rachel M. McCleary, 2003. "International Determinants of Religiosity," NBER Working Papers 10147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Brammer & Geoffrey Williams & John Zinkin, 2007. "Religion and Attitudes to Corporate Social Responsibility in a Large Cross-Country Sample," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 229-243, March.
- Leonard Dudley & Ulrich Blum, 2001.
"Religion and economic growth: was Weber right?,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 207-230.
- Blum, U. & Dudley, L., 2001. "Religion and Economic Growth: Was Weber Right?," Cahiers de recherche 2001-05, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- BLUM, Ulrich & DUDLEY, Leonard, 2001. "Religion and Economic Growth: Was Weber Right?," Cahiers de recherche 2001-05, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Mike Martin, 2008. "Paradoxes of happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 171-184, June.
- Donelson Forsyth & Ernest O’Boyle & Michael McDaniel, 2008. "East Meets West: A Meta-Analytic Investigation of Cultural Variations in Idealism and Relativism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 813-833, December.
- Jan Ott, 2001. "Did the Market Depress Happiness in the US?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 433-443, December.
- Kaun, David E., 2005. "Income and happiness: earning and spending as sources of discontent," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 161-177, March.
- Md. Rashid & Saidatul Ibrahim, 2008. "The Effect of Culture and Religiosity on Business Ethics: A Cross-cultural Comparison," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 907-917, November.
- Degli Antoni, Giacomo, 2009. "Does satisfaction matter? A microeconomic empirical analysis of the effect of social relations on economic welfare," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 301-309, March.
- Robert J. Barro & Jason Hwang, 2007. "Religious Conversion in 40 Countries," NBER Working Papers 13689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luo Lu, 2001. "Understanding Happiness: A Look into the Chinese Folk Psychology," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Francis Heylighen & Jan Bernheim, 2000. "Global Progress I: Empirical Evidence for ongoing Increase in Quality-of-life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 323-349, September.
- Verme, Paolo, 2009. "Happiness, freedom and control," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 146-161, August.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2005. "Apparent Quality-of-Life in Nations: How Long and Happy People Live," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 61-86, 03.
- Heinz Welsch, 2003. "Freedom and Rationality as Predictors of Cross-National Happiness Patterns: The Role of Income as a Mediating Variable," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 295-321, September.
- Hayo, Bernd, 2007. "Happiness in transition: An empirical study on Eastern Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 204-221, June.
- Ananta Kumar Giri, 2000. "Rethinking human well-being: a dialogue with Amartya Sen," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 1003-1018.
- Ad Bergsma & Germaine Poot & Aart Liefbroer, 2008. "Happiness in the Garden of Epicurus," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 397-423, September.
- Anand, Paul & van Hees, Martin, 2006. "Capabilities and achievements: An empirical study," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 268-284, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.