A hybrid global optimization algorithm for non-linear least squares regression
AbstractA hybrid global optimization algorithm is proposed aimed at the class of objective functions with properties typical of the problems of non-linear least squares regression. Three components of hybridization are considered: simplicial partition of the feasible region, indicating and excluding vicinities of the main local minimizers from global search, and computing the indicated local minima by means of an efficient local descent algorithm. The performance of the algorithm is tested using a collection of non-linear least squares problems evaluated by other authors as difficult global optimization problems. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2013
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Global Optimization.
Volume (Year): 56 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10898
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Demidenko, Eugene, 2006. "Criteria for global minimum of sum of squares in nonlinear regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1739-1753, December.
- Tvrdik, Josef & Krivy, Ivan & Misik, Ladislav, 2007. "Adaptive population-based search: Application to estimation of nonlinear regression parameters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 713-724, October.
- Antanas Žilinskas & Julius Žilinskas, 2010. "P-algorithm based on a simplicial statistical model of multimodal functions," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 396-412, December.
- Dorsey, Robert E & Mayer, Walter J, 1995.
"Genetic Algorithms for Estimation Problems with Multiple Optima, Nondifferentiability, and Other Irregular Features,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 53-66, January.
- Michael B. Gordy, . "GA.M: A Matlab routine for function maximization using a Genetic Algorithm," Matlab codes ga, , revised 12 Feb 1996.
- Remigijus Paulavičius & Yaroslav Sergeyev & Dmitri Kvasov & Julius Žilinskas, 2014. "Globally-biased Disimpl algorithm for expensive global optimization," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 545-567, July.
- Remigijus Paulavičius & Julius Žilinskas, 2014. "Simplicial Lipschitz optimization without the Lipschitz constant," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 23-40, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.