Selecting Among Multi-Mode Partitioning Models of Different Complexities: A Comparison of Four Model Selection Criteria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Classification.
Volume (Year): 25 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=101794
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Ledyard Tucker, 1966. "Some mathematical notes on three-mode factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 279-311, September.
- Eva Ceulemans & Iven Mechelen, 2005. "Hierarchical classes models for three-way three-mode binary data: interrelations and model selection," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 461-480, September.
- Schepers, Jan & van Mechelen, Iven & Ceulemans, Eva, 2006. "Three-mode partitioning," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1623-1642, December.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- van Rosmalen, J.M. & Groenen, P.J.F. & Trejos, J. & Castilli, W., 2005. "Global Optimization strategies for two-mode clustering," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2005-33, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Joost Rosmalen & Patrick Groenen & Javier Trejos & William Castillo, 2009. "Optimization Strategies for Two-Mode Partitioning," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 155-181, August.
- Alessio Farcomeni, 2009. "Robust Double Clustering: A Method Based on Alternating Concentration Steps," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 77-101, April.
- Timmerman, Marieke E. & Ceulemans, Eva & Kiers, Henk A.L. & Vichi, Maurizio, 2010. "Factorial and reduced K-means reconsidered," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 1858-1871, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.